Re: Dutch keymap not imported into NetBSD :p

On Jul 22, 2011, at 1:05 PM, <gilbert.fernandes%orange.fr@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:59:37AM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
>
>> That must be very rare! Nobody in their right mind uses a Dutch
>> keyboard. And I say that as a Dutch person.
>
> They are. I know the Dutch have moved to using the US international
> keyboard and are no longer using this one. But that was the only
> keyboard that shop had for the X30 and X31 models (this model is
> about 10 years old too).
>
> Layout is a bit weirdo to write C code but it's mostly okay.
> I'll get used.
>
>> Does it have keys for the italic f (the former currency sign for the
>> guilder ("f" for florijn but usually called "gulden") and for the
>> ij-ligature (ij counts as one letter in Dutch)?  (If not, I would not
>> call it a true Dutch keyboard really... my former typewriter had those).
>
> Yes, it does. It has both the florijn symbol (on key 7 upper row) and
> the Euro symbol located on E key (displays a diamond when used).
> I don't see a key or symbol for the ij-ligature on the keyboard.
>
> I need to resend the file because I forgot to fix the Euro key.
>
> Here is a screenshot of the keyboard I took :
> http://gilbert.fernandes.pagesperso-orange.fr/thinkpad_x30_dutch.jpg

That sure doesn't look Dutch, but I can't figure out what it is instead.  It
has a (UK) pound-sterling symbol on the 7 key, a (German) eszett on the S key,
and french quotes on the Z/X keys.  And the letter order is the classic QUERTY
order, not the German  QWERTZ nor the French AZERTY...

        paul