Re: Dutch keymap not imported into NetBSD :p

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:59:37AM +0200, Rhialto wrote:

> That must be very rare! Nobody in their right mind uses a Dutch
> keyboard. And I say that as a Dutch person.

They are. I know the Dutch have moved to using the US international
keyboard and are no longer using this one. But that was the only
keyboard that shop had for the X30 and X31 models (this model is
about 10 years old too).

Layout is a bit weirdo to write C code but it's mostly okay.
I'll get used.

> Does it have keys for the italic f (the former currency sign for the
> guilder ("f" for florijn but usually called "gulden") and for the
> ij-ligature (ij counts as one letter in Dutch)?  (If not, I would not
> call it a true Dutch keyboard really... my former typewriter had those).

Yes, it does. It has both the florijn symbol (on key 7 upper row) and
the Euro symbol located on E key (displays a diamond when used).
I don't see a key or symbol for the ij-ligature on the keyboard.

I need to resend the file because I forgot to fix the Euro key.

Here is a screenshot of the keyboard I took :
http://gilbert.fernandes.pagesperso-orange.fr/thinkpad_x30_dutch.jpg

Every symbol is working now except the Euro I'm going to fix right now.
The proposed NetBSD patch added everything except two chars and there
was a mistake exchanging the Paragraph and Section symbols.

--
Gilbert Fernandes