Re: statvfs() sleeps forever on tstile

der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> What is the difference between UFS1 and UFS2, and what is the
> difference between FFS v1 and FFS v2?

As I understand, FFS sits on top of UFS. We migrated from UFS1 to UFS2
some time ago (remeber the thing about the superblock that was
converted?), and now we can have FFS v1 or FFS v2 over UFS2. You choose
FFS v2 by formatting with newfs -O 2

I am not sure my understanding is completely correct, but at least it is
consistent with what dumpfs tells me about my filesystem: it says FFS v1
and UFS2 when I format without -O option to newfs.

Extended attributes work with FFS v1 but exhibit the neverending sleep
in tstile when statvfs() is called. It seems exended attributes are not
supported at all on FFS v2.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz