Re: sys/dev/isa/fd.c FDUNIT/FDTYPE

> } for FDUNIT() and FDTYPE(), we can bump a number of fd types
> } to MAXPARTITIONS with no further changes.
>
>      Floppies don't use partitions, so I don't see what MAXPARTITIONS
> has to do with anything.

"#define MAXFDTYPES MAXPARTIONS" in that case?

Disk partitions and floppy types are different thing, but
both DISKPART() and FDTYPE() macros represent how to assign
device minors for different properties in the same physical unit.

I don't think it so broken to have a merged macro for the assignment,
but if you will implement correct method as you claim, I won't object.

---
Izumi Tsutsui