physical address management, round 2

Recent mention of ECC RAM, XIP, and DRM remind me that I wrote back
in March 2008 to tech-kern about "physical address space management,"
where I'd offered some concepts and a nascent API for organizing and
controlling physical addresses in the kernel.  I'd sure like to have
more feedback in light of the past two years' kernel development and the
challenges that confront kernel developers, today.

Dave