Re: O_DIRECTORY

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 02:01:43PM -0700, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> the remaining missing bit that prevents acroread from working with the new
> linux emulation code (PR 43695) is support for the O_DIRECTORY flag to open().

Is there a way to open a directory on which you have neither read nor
write access (maybe not even search access) ?
Sometimes it is necessary to open "." in order to do a later fchdir().
And if/when we support apenat() then you have a good justification for
only requiring 'x' access.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost