Re: Potential re(4) / netbsd-4 / i386 problem?

On 7/23/2010 12:54 PM, der Mouse wrote:
Well, use machines whose designers cut corners on hardware design and
guess what happens.

Actually, my main reason for writing is to mention that I have a
laptop, running 4.0.1, with an re onboard, and have never seen such
random crashes.  I can give more details if they matter.

I've got 3 motherboards with re onboard that I've tested, 2 of the 3 have the problem. I checked the re hwrev and the one that works fine is 0x28000000. The 2 boards that don't work have hwrev 0x38000000 and 0x3C400000. The board that's fine is a commercial Intel DG41MJ while the other 2 are both DFI industrial boards (LT600-DR, LT330-B).