Re: Potential re(4) / netbsd-4 / i386 problem?

On 3/5/2010 12:18 PM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
I've been seeing panics on a netbsd-4/i386 machine which appears to be
related to the reception of oversized frames:

re0: discarding oversize frame (len=8813)
:
Can anyone help me?

- options DIAGNOSTIC might help debug

I'm busy trying to reproduce with options DIAGNOSTIC right now. So far it hasn't panicked in the last 3 hours.

- does it happen on UP kernel (GENERIC, not GENERIC.MP), or netbsd-5?
Will try after this after the next panic.

I strongly suspect that the problems were introduced after pullup-4 #1339. I've got 13 netbsd-4 machines that were updated to recent netbsd-4 source containing pullup-4 #1339 and about 5 of these have suddenly started panicking in the 3 days since the update (these were all running fine for months before this update). All of these machines experience heavy network loading 24/7.

Thanks,
Brad