Re: [PAE support] Types + cosmetic fixes

When this was brought up some time ago, there were strong objections
from those who hate indirections.  VAX users don't like unnecessary
indirection because it's slow there.  Some arm ports uses struct
passing for bus_* API.

The problem at that time was that the move was thought of as
mandatory.  I don't think it should.  I know situations where ABI is
less important and performance matters more.  So we could make a rule
like:

- APIs are real functions by default.  Official modules binaries follow this.

While:

- Users can use optimize (inline, struct passing, ...) by their own,
but ABI is not kept in that cases.

It'd make sense to let the decision (ABI or performance) made by each
port (portmaster).  Keeping ABI compatibility of VAX might make little
sense for VAX users.  I don't know...

Masao