Re: [PAE support] Types + cosmetic fixes

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:15:39AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > > in the same way there are ABI differences between
> > > atari and mac68k.
> >
> > What are actually differnt between them?
>
> bus_space_handle_t is different, for example.
> I'm not sure the bus_space macros are the same.
>
> Maybe atari vs mac68k was not the best example; if you look at
> mac68k vs sun3 you'll find differences in macros and inline functions
> in pmap.h

Are you talking about ABI of kernel modules?

Of course different $MACHINEs have different ABI in kernel,
but i386 and xen have the same $MACHINE, don't they?

Probably you should mention kernel modules for sun3 vs sun3x,
but I don't think it's a good idea to bother to split single
modules into multiple variants.

On the other hand, most userland binaries (even with libkvm)
can be shared among mac68k, sun3, and sun3x.
(though some binaries like disklabel(8) can't be shared)
---
Izumi Tsutsui