Re: Protecting global lookup array

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 05:55:44PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
 > > On the plus side, this is essentially the same problem as safely
 > > switching vnodes to deadfs after a umount -f; on the minus side,
 > > nobody's yet come up with a satisfactory solution for that...
 >
 > I think your problem involves much more things & more complicated. :)
 > Just curious, what's missing to achieve umount -f specifically?

Well, a lot of things, but the specific problem is that you can switch
the vnode ops table to point to deadfs easily enough, but then you
need to find all the processes already in the fs, kick them, and then
wait until they've all returned out.

You see how this is similar to what you're trying to do...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost