Re: Vnode scope implementation

Am 21.08.2009 um 12:32 schrieb YAMAMOTO Takashi:
I don't see any reason to hold with implementing the vnode scope just because we can't control operations on a remote host. Therefore, I'll
give it a few more days (just in case) before moving forward.

what will you do for nfs etc, by "moving forward"?
do nothing and give up mandating the use of vnode scope?

I think it's quite clear that in the case of networked file systems it
is always the serving machine that has "the last word" on security
decisions and restrictions.  So while a nfs client could tighten
restrictions, it can not loosen them.  I think this is a fact we have
to live with.

sure.  i'm asking how will we live with the fact.

personally I am fine if the fact is well documented, so that users are aware of he implications.