Re: FreeBSD devfs support on NetBSD 5.0

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:36:59 +0200
Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky%c2i.net@localhost> wrote:

> I have a FreeBSD devfs port for NetBSD 4.0. Now I'm upgrading my code base,
[...]

I have no idea about FreeBSD devfs implementation, but I remember there
being threads on this list before about it, and about someone working
on an implementation, as well as people enumerating the feature
requirements...

Among the requirements I can remember a few items, like the capability
to easily change device node visibility and permissions in a live and
persistent manner by the admin and support to mount various devfs with
various such permissions (i.e. useful for chroot setups if we ever get
rid of legacy device files).

I suppose that install/postinstall and security scripts would also have
to be adapted; as for the default nodes permissions for /dev/, would
they be specified by a default configuration file/state or such?
--
Matt