FreeBSD devfs support on NetBSD 5.0

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD devfs port for NetBSD 4.0. Now I'm upgrading my code base,
and I need to figure out what changes went into the NetBSD 5.0 file-system to
make my FreeBSD devfs port code work on NetBSD 5.0. Would it be an idea to
have my FreeBSD devfs layer into the NetBSD kernel, so that I'm saved the work
of updating the VFS portion of my  FreeBSD devfs layer, every time there is a
new NetBSD version out?

--HPS