Re: adding machdep frequency support?

joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost (Joerg Sonnenberger) writes:

>On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 05:08:08AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
>> However, modern CPUs will report minimum == maximum and est.c
>> will just ignore EST because it has no means to guess correct
>> values.

>What CPUs are you specifically talking about? I know that at least some
>Core2 CPUs will have a fixed voltage, but fixed frequency ?!

cpu0: Intel Core 2 (Merom) (686-class), 1862.09 MHz, id 0x6f2

As I said, the CPU will report minimum == maximum, the EST
driver checks for this.

This doesn't mean that you can't change frequency and voltage,
it just says that you have to rely on ACPI and the private information
the BIOS vendor and the board manufacturer got from Intel.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost