Re: device module auto loading fix

Hi,
On Apr,Wednesday 1 2009, at 11:30 AM, Antti Kantee wrote:

I haven't received any comments to this patch. I would like to commit
this patch
soon so if you have any pleas speak up.

Did you audit all existing callers and make sure the pseudo-errno
doesn't get passed to unexpected places, e.g. userspace?  IMHO adding
an unexpected failure mode to a public interface is not a good idea.

I looked at bdev_open callers and there is only one in specfs.

With cdev_open it is much worse because there are some other callers than in specfs [1].

After looking at cdev_open callers I'm really not sure if this is correct fix,
do you have better suggestion ?

[1]http://opengrok.netbsd.org/source/search?q=cdev_open&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=

Regards

Adam.