config issue

I'm trying to add an lm_iic (i2c bus) attachment for the lm(4) LM78 temp sensor driver, and have run into a minor obstacle.

I think that the lm's i2c attachment definition properly belongs in dev/i2c/files.i2c, which is include from conf/files fairly early on (line 306). However, the attachment needs to refer to the lm device, which is defined much further down in conf/files (lines 816 & 817).

I know that I don't understand all the intricacies of the config goop, especially as it relates to non-x86 ports, so I'm rather reluctant to start moving things around in conf/files.

Is there a proper way to have a "forward reference" such that an attachment can be specified prior to the device itself? Or, can someone more intimate with the config goop suggest a proper re-ordering of things to make the forward reference unnecessary?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |