Re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern

> [Fixing rw->ro remounts] would mean checking all uses of MNT_RDONLY,
> and thinking about what happens if the flag changes while an
> operation is in-flight, and afterwards if dirty buffers/pages have
> been generated.

Surely the right thing to do is first block new write I/O, then let all
pending I/O (or at least all pending writes) drain, then flush any
buffered writes, then do the rest of the switch?  That is, avoid
worries about what to do with operations in fight by making sure there
are none.

\ / Ribbon Campaign