Re: porting ZFS

Hi folks,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 08:06:57PM +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> >Certainly you are welcome to fix LFS!  Who is stopping you?
>
> From current state of LFS code it is probably not possible to easily
> fix it
> and probably full rewrite is needed. Which is probably a lot harder
> than end
> ZFS port.

I've started a rewrite of LFS, well of niLFS2 rather. Its a replacement FS
for LFS with checkpoints and persistent snapshotting; pitty the origional
is written by NTT for Linux and GPL'd so i had to start from scratch
anyway.

I've finished a read-only kernel implementation for some time now and am
now working on a newfs_nilfs and hopefully start on kernel nilfs2 write
support soon though prolly not withing the next two weeks due to `real
life' ;)

With regards,
Reinoud