Re: porting ZFS

On Sep,Thursday 18 2008, at 5:32 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 07:19:02PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
"Neel Sheyal" <neelsheyal%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

Reading through the emails, I understand that ZFS is something that
the community is interested in.
That's good since I would personally like to have ZFS in NetBSD.

I would personally like to have working LFS, than yet another
attempt to half-port ZFS.

Certainly you are welcome to fix LFS!  Who is stopping you?

I know a little bit about file system innards, just enough to be dangerous. Porting ZFS, given the work Andy already did, looks a lot easier to me than
fixing our current LFS code.

From current state of LFS code it is probably not possible to easily fix it and probably full rewrite is needed. Which is probably a lot harder than end
ZFS port.

Regards