Re: porting ZFS

        Hello.  While I'm not an expert with ZFS, I can think of several
reasons why it would be useful to have for NetBSD.

1.  With NetBSD acting as an ISCSI target, giving NetBSD the ability to
provide large amounts of storage  to serve via that mechanism would be very
useful.

2.  In Xen environments, it would be useful to be able to address large
amounts of robust storage.  Again, ZFS seems like a good way to do this.
I'm talking for dom0, in case it isn't clear.

        LFS is nice, but I don't see LFS and ZFS as addressing the same issues
at all.  LFS might be useful as a filesystem stored on top of a xen stack,
so that the domU can put files on an ISCSI block device, but ZFS would
allow the dom0 to address a lot of disk so that it can provide those large
block devices to the domU's.

Hope that helps.
-Brian