RE: sysctl question

On 19-Jun-2008 Paul Goyette wrote:
>         2. Modify sysmon_envsys to add a new mechanism
>
>#2 is a whole lot more work than I'm ready to sign up for at this time!

Why do you think #2 is hard? It looks like most of the mechanics are already
there for it, it just needs a little extra parsing logic in
sme_userset_dictionary() to deal with warnings.  I think you can probably just
copy the code for critical-min/max and change a few lines here and there.

#2 is definately the correct way to do it.  If anything, it is an oversight in
envsys2 that it doesn't allow the userland to set those values.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/