RE: sysctl question

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008, Tim Rightnour wrote:

On 19-Jun-2008 Paul Goyette wrote:
sysmon_envsys(9) doesn't seem to provide a mechanism for the limits to
be set from userland, so I need some other way to get values into the
registers.  I've thought of three ways to do this:

I'm confused by this.  I thought the limits could be set via the standard
ENVSYS_SETDICTIONARY ioctl.  Specifically, it looks like there is support for
USERPROP_CRITMAX and USERPROP_CRITMIN according to
sys/dev/sysmon/sysmon_envsys.c

True. But the sensor in question has THREE boundary points, and it sets alarms bits in its status register based on the contents of these three boundaries:

        Alarm Window Lower
        Alarm Window Upper
        Critical

There are four possible conditions and what they correspond to

        Below Alarm Window     WARNUNDER
        Within Alarm Window    NORMAL
        Above Alarm Window     WARNOVER
        Above Critical         CRITOVER

And there is no provision in proplib currently to set the boundaries for the Warning Levels.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |