Re: Removing softdep

Brett Lymn a écrit :
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 07:31:44AM +0200, Vincent wrote:
Besides, hasn't ZFS been ported to FreeBSD?

Yes it has but last I looked this was a NetBSD mailing list :) The
guts of the kernel are sufficiently different between FreeBSD and
NetBSD that it is not just a simple matter of copying the files and
compiling.

I know, otherwise I wouldn't have spent some time porting a driver from FreeBSD! ;) I just thought both kernels where presenting more or less the same interface to FS clients, e.g. abstract primitive to read/write sectors, dump internal caches, etc. I guess I am wrong.

Vincent