Re: Removing softdep

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 08:17:15PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Seconded. To achieve the same performance as I have today with softdeps,
> it is crucial that I must be able to switch to journaled ffs without hassle.

Will the journaled fs give us the same performance as softdeps?  Does
journalling improve read performance?

I have been using softdeps with success for meny years on every machine I
have.  Without softdeps, disk performance suffers when accessing lots of
small files (like when building software).

Data integrity sounds great, but data integrity without performance is..

  -jm