Re: [g.mcgarry%ieee.org@localhost: More Microbenchmarks]

Andrew Doran wrote:
On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 05:34:40PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Very few parts have gotten faster by looking at that post. Quite a few parts have become slower, and some by a very significant share. That is disturbing.

It would be disturbing if the system was slower overall, or if we weren't
able to fix problem areas. Neither of those is the case.

:-)
But we need to understand why some parts are much slower in order to fix them.

I'm just curious to the "why" here. It would be interesting to find out.
And I also find it nice to see some numbers, no matter the fact that some people think they are meningless.

        Johnny