Re: [g.mcgarry%ieee.org@localhost: More Microbenchmarks]

I'm curious. Why would it be of historical interest only, if we can produce numbers that show that the system worked much more efficiently in the past? (Ie. getting services done took less real time, using the same hardware, with similar loads.)

I found the numbers very interesting, and if it were me, I'd start looking into the places where performance have dropped significantly and try to understand why. Maybe there is a good reason, but then again maybe we're doing something stupid now that we shouldn't.

In any case, this fits well with the opinion expressed in port-vax a number of times that we actually seem to get a slower and slower system. But this have been disputed by others every time.

        Johnny