回复:Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

Hi,
I mean that I reserve the original BSD licence.
Except that I append a GPL licence at the end of
BSD licence in source code.
It looks like that:
/*
Copyright 1994-2008 The FreeBSD Project. All
rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms,
with or without modification, are permitted
provided that the following conditions are met:

   1. Redistributions of source code must retain
the above copyright notice, this list of
conditions and the following disclaimer.
   2. Redistributions in binary form must
reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of
conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with
the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE FREEBSD PROJECT
``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT
SHALL THE FREEBSD PROJECT OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA,
OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF
THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

This program is free software; you can
redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General
Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
*/

----- Ô­Óʼþ -----
´Ó: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost>
ÈÕÆÚ: ÐÇÆÚÒ», ÎåÔÂ 5ÈÕ, 2008 ÉÏÎç10:37
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

hlwhyw%shtel.net.cn@localhost wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >
> > Can I port 4.4BSD-Lite's TCP/IP protocol stack
> > soure code to my own OS kernel which is GPL
> > Licence?
> >
> > I know that 4.4BSD-Lite is BSD Licenced. Is it
> > legal to port BSD Licenced code and change it
> > GPL licence?
>
> Absolutely not.
>
> --
>  Thor Lancelot Simon
> tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost
>  "The inconsistency is startling, though
admittedly, if
> consistency is to
>   be abandoned or transcended, there is no
problem."              -