Re: use of an intermediate device to handle USB interfaces

joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost said:
> What kind of devices would benefit from attaching multiple drivers to
> it?

Similar to Daniel's camera, I've got some Logitech webcam. It has 4
interfaces, 2 belonging to each the audio and the video part.
(The grouping is described by "IAD"s mentioned in my first mail.)
Other example are multifunction office devices; one I've
tried had a standard printer, a standard mass storage
and a proprietary scanner interface. (Some fax modem would
probably be another one.)
That's all I had my fingers at, but there is likely much
more, eg <something> + built-in cardreader.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt