Re: Notes on reent install of 10.0_RC4 on amd64 HP T730 thin client

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 06:49:06PM +0000, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> I again ended up in a state where going to the "config" menu, I couldn't set a root pasword or create a user,
> because /targetroot was unmounted. From memory, wd0 and all the dk? wedges were detached. Is that expected?
> It's not what I recall from installing 8.2, 9.2, and 9.3 over the past couple of weeks (FDDI related).

The wedges are detached when the internal representation of the GPT is
freed (or delayed untill everything is unmounted) - with all the arm
stuff we often install to USB devices nowadays, and the user should
feel free to remove the target disk.

But you should not get past the /targetroot unmount during normal sysinst
flow, unless you finish installation and then go back to the config or
utility menu.

Detailed notes would be appreciated (or a PR with the notes).

Martin