Re: recent sysinst UX changes

On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 10:10:56AM +0000, nia wrote:
> fwiw, i think the default options should be as close to Just Work as possible.
>
> i have installed NetBSD irl with people who have only a little bit of unix
> knowledge, and watched them wince every time something doesn't go as planned.
> often this is on older, spare hardware, that's just to play with the OS on,
> so it is likely to not have >2015 CPU features (RDRAND).

I totaly agree with both of this, but "just work" is not a clear target,
especially when a simple step makes a difference in security (whether
manually typing in random things *does* make a difference is probably
for another debate).

The description pointing at copying output from another machine is just
an option (and it actually helps a lot when you do installs via serial
console or similar).

So: happy to make it more userfriendly, simpler, rephrase messages,
whatever needed - but we should not end up with insecure installs.

Martin