Re: Suggestion for boot message on install media

On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 09:19:57AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
> I'm not really familiar with the difference between the bootblacks on
> the install media and the "normal" ones, but I'm pretty sure the very
> first bootblack banner says something like "BIOS" or "UEFI" in the top
> line.  Am I hallucinating?  Is it possible to show that?

The bootblocks are the normal ones, but the boot.cfg file specifies a menu
and clears the screen before that, so the info is not really visible.

The menu content (and boot.cfg file) is the same for both methods, and
I'm not sure its worth to add variable expansion there (so we could
disply $BOOTMETHOD or whatever).

Martin