most efficient/fastest way to test sysinst improvements

What is the easiest and fastest way to test sysinst changes?

In my case, running bochs or qemu is very slow. But using gxemul to run
different ports is very fast. So I am cross-building on amd64 to cats to
test my sysinst changes. This is very slow as is -- but once I have the
build all done I should be able to update sysinst just using the
arm--netbsd-elf-gcc.

Then I would just use ftp within the installer to fetch the new sysinst I
am working on and try it.

Anyways, what do you all do to test sysinst when you need to do many
times?

Several years ago when I modified sysinst to have automated install (which
I used in classroom), I think I used a chroot enviroment to test my
changes. Now that I remember that, I will try that again ...

  Jeremy C. Reed