Re: questions about MD_SETS_SELECTED

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 04:24:06PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Some of the following questions are maybe better targetted to tech-x11. I
> will email there next if I don't get answers here.
>
> The default full distributions sets is:
>
> #define MD_SETS_SELECTED SET_KERNEL_1, SET_SYSTEM, SET_X11, SET_MD

Basically the port-dependent default set contains everything that you
are likely to need for that port (as determined by the sets that the
per port files defined before I merged a lot of the code).

SET_KERNEL_1 is always the 'first' kernel on the menu rather that its
actual name - which will vary between ports.
Some ports need to the user to select the kernel appropriate for the
actual hardware and a default isn't appropriate.
Similarly the X server isn't usually included on systems that are
unlikely to have a frame buffer device.

> Also arch/ofppc/md.h mentions "i386". Is that leftover from copying an
> i386 file?

probably.

        David

--