Subject: Re: sysinst, menuc & msgc and DESTDIR builds
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/23/2000 13:53:41
On 23-Oct-00 Todd Vierling wrote:
> these use ?='s, which should be somewhat acceptable.  Ideally, this should
> use HOST_MENUC and HOST_MSGC, but the cross build toolchain is still
> somewhat cobbled and unfinished.

Which is why I'm totally confused as to why Jason doesn't want this patch
comitted.  I do cross builds daily from 1.4.2 -> 1.5-current.. and I don't have
problems with this at all, because I manually override this anyhow.  What this
will make easier is people doing cross-like-release-builds from ALPHA->BETA
where menuc might have changed slightly.

I can't think of any adverse effects of this at all, and if you are
cross-building, and not overriding those anyhow.. you are guaranteed to lose.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>