Re: CF mounted on wd0

Hi,

there seems to be some confusion here.

Marcin Jessa wrote:
I dont want to copy hundreds of files to the CF. I want to have one image which
I can dd to the CF.

What I usually do is use vnd(4) to create a complete image of the CF card, although makefs should do as well.

What I am trying to do is to mount the rootfs on the CF (wd0) instead of md0.

Then you will have to "copy hundreds of files to the CF". Either with cp/tar or with vnd+newfs (or makefs+dd). What do you need the md0 image in the kernel for?

If you want to mount wd0a read-only and then mount some memory disks on top, that's not what MEMORY_* is for as far as I understand. man mount_mfs or man mdconfig.

Regards,

ND