Re: CF mounted on wd0

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 03:24:48PM +0200, Marcin Jessa wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> Normally creating a small NetBSD build with rootfs inserted into kernel you
> mount the roofs as memory file system, e.g.
> /dev/md0a       /               ffs     rw,-s=32768     1 1
>
> with following kernel options:
> options         MEMORY_DISK_HOOKS
> options         MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT     # force root on memory disk
> options         MEMORY_DISK_SERVER=0    # no userspace memory disk support
> options         MEMORY_RBFLAGS=0        # don't force single user

Look at options(4) for MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT:

     options MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT
     Forces the md(4) RAM disk to be the root device.  This can only be over-
     ridden when the kernel is booted in the 'ask-for-root' mode.

Leaving out that option should allow you to then use your CF as the root
device.

Also, do you really want to leave the memory disk in if you are using CF
on root?  I'd guess that you probably don't want any of the memory disk
options.  That's just burning a chunk of RAM otherwise...

Simon.
--
Simon Burge
<simonb%wasabisystems.com@localhost>