Kernel tuning & mmap

A couple of questions:

1. We need to strip down the RAM needs of the NetBSD kernel.  Our current kernel is 1.3Meg with about 1 Meg of data space.  We have 8 Megs on the board we are porting to.  We changed MAXUSERS to 1 and IOBUFS to 5% of total ram.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for reducing the footprint of NetBSD on an embedded system?

2. We are using mmap to manage some device buffers and have questions as to what the caching is for mmap buffers?  If caching is turned on, then we should be flushing our writes before expecting a state change.  If it is off, we should be ok.

Thanks

Kyle Unice

email: kyle%midnighttech.com@localhost

voice:801-572-0928