tech-cluster archive

Re: heterogeneous clusters?

>I've got a collection of various old Real Computers that aren't doing
>much.
>I'd like to put them to use but I've got no particular direction right
>now.

Yeah, I had hoped to run mosix over all the sparcs, but didn't research it
too well before I bought them (the deal was so good that it really
wouldn't have mattered anyway) but unfortunatley there isn't a sparc port
for mosix. I started looking at PMV, and got it up and running over a
couple nodes, but I couldn't really run anything too useful to me over it.

--

ross