tech-cluster archive

Re: heterogeneous clusters?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 08:33:40PM -0400, Robert F. Schaefer wrote:
> Anyone working with clusters of machines that don't happen to have the
> same architecture, or older hardware like sun3/hp300/VAX?

yup.  I have a pile of DECStations, sparcs, alphas, a few vaxen, an
hp300, SGIs...  since getting racks I actually have a chance of getting
them all up and running, and I even have a prototype application I'd
like to run.  it's just the management bit I haven't figured out yet.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost