Port-zaurus archive

Re: Some SA11x0 diffs

Quentin Garnier wrote:
>On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 06:54:25PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>=20
>> I have put some diffs in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/misc/rjs/arm.diff.gz

>Side effects of sa11x0_softc:  one miss in sed_saip.c

Got it.

>Side effects of obio_softc (from lubbock_var.h):  one miss in
>lubbock_pcic.c (a call to device_parent), and if_sm_obio.c needs some
>changes too.

I think I have fixed these now.

>Side effects of ipaq_softc:  uda1341.c needs some changes.

The uda1341 driver isn't included in the IPAQ kernel at present, I had
done the device_t split for it as well but the version in CVS doesn't
even compile. I'm guessing that we have tightened up warnings since it
was written.

The device_t split does belong with the rest of these diffs though so
I will include it.

>Also, I've noted that the device_t split in lubbock_lcd.c is broken (it
>was done in January);  the cookie passed to the wsdisplay_accessops is
>the softc, and not a device_t, so all the (struct device *) casts are
>wrong.

I will look at this.

>Finally, I noticed a couple unrelated changes in the diff:  a mod to the
>LUBBOCK kernel config, and a change in ipaq_saip.c turning SAEGPIO_BASE
>into sa->sa_addr.  I can't judge on those, but you don't want to commit
>them at the same time anyway.

The LUBBOCK config change isn't needed. I will do the SAEGPIO_BASE
change later.

I will redo the diffs later and generate some more test kernels.

Thanks,

Robert Swindells