Re: [patch] Re: proposal: stop using the xen_system_time timecounter in dom0

At Wed, 26 Jun 2024 12:01:37 +0200, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: [patch] Re: proposal:  stop using the xen_system_time timecounter in dom0

> > Maybe there should be a very strong warning to Xen users not to override
> > the kern.timecounter in the mean time, and perhaps eventually, if we
> > continue to use xen_system_time in dom0s then other choices should not
> > even be allowed?
>
> Actually, as long as the xen_system_time timecounter is attached, the
> TODR will be updated independantly from the selected timecounter.
> See xen_timepush_init() and xen_timepush_intr().

Ah, yes, sorry, I was mistaken -- there's no need for the timecounter to
be calling xen_global_systime_ns() -- xen_rtc_set() calls it itself to
update and get the global "system time".

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>