pygrub

Hi,

while virtualizing a bare-metal Debian 11 installation, and bringíng it
up as PV DomU on a NetBSD 9 Dom0 (xen 4.13), I went on a surprising
detour.

The Dom0 has limited hardware resources, because why not. pygrub, OTOH,
decided it wants a copy of the linux ramdisk in, wait for it,
/var/run/xen, where /var/run was originally a 10 GB tempfs. It didn't
help that the error message ("Error writing temporary copy of
<whatever>") neglected* to mention _where_ it wanted to write to.

I would suggest to amend the error message, and maybe default to a
directory better suited for 60 MB blobs ($VARBASE/spool/xen ?).

Cheerio,
Hauke

* Python's way appears to be "why come up with a meaningful error
message, when you can print a stack trace?"

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344