Re: Problems booting NetBSD/Xen on Intel NUC 12 Extreme w/ i9-12900

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 11:03:50AM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 10:18:50AM +0200, Johan Stenstam wrote:
>
> > My suspicion is still that this is me doing something wrong (as in something has changed from 9.2 to 10_BETA, just like the ?msr_relaxed=1? setting that Brian pointed out was a change from xen 4.11 to 4.15). I just haven?t found out what yet.
>
> I remember some regression regarding bridge and tun/tap that was
> "solved" by introducing vether.
>
> I can imagine that this also had some effect on xennet.

It was about the IP address on tap when the tap device is closed.
It shouldn't affect xvif.

I suspect the issue here is either a bug in the driver for the usb/ethernet
adapter used (like promiscous mode not working) or an issue with checksum
offloading (turn it off everywhere and see if it works better)