Re: booting xen [was Re: serial console puzzle]

	hello Patrick.  In reading through this thread, this line caught my  eye from your output:
mm.c:1142:d0v0 Attempt to create linear p.t. with write perms

	I wonder if you've compiled Xen with CONFIG_LINEAR_PT_SUPPORT turned off somehow, or, if
it somehow got set to false by default?  According to:
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xen-command-line.html
linear_pt mode is becoming a legacy feature which NetBSD still relies on.  Xen-4.15 is a pretty
recent version of Xen and I wonder if someone changed the default from true to false or if the
compile-time options got changed to exclude that feature?  According to the page  referenced
above, having the feature turned on if you don't need it increases the security risk of the
system.  Since many folks forget that anything exists outside of Linux, it's possible this
feature got switched off.
Like Greg, I'm grasping at straws here, but it might be worth verifying.

-thanks
-Brian