Re: XEN3_DOM0 rationalization

On 3/7/21 11:47 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
Right now I think people need to read the HOWTO to figure out how to set
up Xen on NetBSD.  It's getting even more complicated with PVHVM and PVH
support in current.  A few years ago I did a major rototill and I have
been keeping after it every year or so.  So have a look at see if there
is any residual confusion.  Of course there is, but describe it so
someone can fix it!

https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/xen/howto/

This is not a pressing issue, but the howto uses the old syntax style for disk configuration. It may be good to have the howto use the newer syntax formats, so new users adopt them from the start, and avoid trip-ups when the old syntax style is eventually removed.

    /dev/vg/guest-volume,,hda
    /dev/vg/guest-volume,raw,hda,rw
    format=raw, vdev=hda, access=rw, target=/dev/vg/guest-volume
    raw:/dev/vg/guest-volume,hda,w  (deprecated, see below)

https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl-disk-configuration.5.html#Deprecated-Parameters-Prefixes-And-Syntaxes
"Deprecated forms are acceptable and are intended work compatibly with xend and xl from xen 4.1. In future they may print a warning. Support for deprecated parameters and syntaxes are likely to be dropped in future versions of xl."