Re: drop xen4.8 ?

    Date:        Tue, 17 Dec 2019 15:29:22 -0500
    From:        Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>

  | So: Is anyone running other than 4.11?  Why?

I'm running 4.2 on a DomU running a 6.99.30 kernel and 6.99.23
userland (approximately, it has had some piecemeal updates).

amd64 everywhere, except that I occasionally might run an i386-PAE DomU
just to test something in 32 bit mode.

Why?  Combination of inertia, and not breaking what is working
(and the difficulty of doing upgrades to that particular system
which these days I visit perhaps once or twice a year, for a few
minutes - unless something breaks, in which case fixing it is more
important than upgrading).

But what is in pkgsrc has no real impact on that - Xen 4.2 packages
are installed (and on backup media), and won't vanish merely because
they're no longer in pkgsrc.   If I ever reached the stage where
circumstances force me to reinstall anything, that would provoke a more
serious upgrade across the board.

kre