Re: drop xen4.8 ?

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> I plan to remove xen 4.8 from pkgsrc after the freeze. It didn't get
> security updates since some time.

I don't object, but I don't really understand the situation and grand
plan.  Reading DESCR of the various packages did not enlighten me :-(

It looks like we have

  4.2
  4.5
  4.6
  4.8
  4.11

So I wonder:

  Obviously absent problems (and the cost to upgrade) everyone should be
  running 4.11.  Correct?

  Assuming netbsd-7 or newer, and perhaps other systems supported by
  pkgsrc, what are the reasons, other than inertia, that someone would
  be running 4.2, 4.5, 4.6, or 4.8?

  Why are you proposing to drop 4.8, but not the other ones?  Surely
  they are not getting support...

(I can update DESCRs if you explain.)