Re: xen 4.5.0 packages available

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

Miguel Clara <miguelmclara%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> -       printf "Stopping xencommons"
> +       printf "Stopping xencommons\n"
> +       printf "WARNING: Not stopping xenstored, as it cannot be
> restarted.\n"

I don't think we should refuse to stop, especially at shutdown.  Instead
there should a) be a fix - this is just broken or b)  an explicit
failure to restart.

Broken?

I tough this was by desing?

In linux, and even freebsd dom0 xenstored can not be restarted, and the init script does not attempt to stop it, IRRC this is how it works on linux since 4.2 (I might be mistaken here).

Of course my diff is not touching the start part, which needs to be modified too.

But I don't understand the "broken" comment as I tough this was intended, I'm confused now should it work on netbsd!? Or even on linux too?