Re: Xen 4 DOM0 with -current i386/amd64 rejects kernel?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

On 2/10/12 12:43 PM, John D. Baker wrote:
xen claims the DOM0 kernel is not an ELF binary.

Have you updated the bootloader?

Yes.  I rebuilt 5.99.64 and updated just yesterday, copying the
resulting "/usr/mdec/boot" as "/boot" before trying to start XEN.

I'm not 100% sure this will work; netbsd xen kernels can't currently load modules, and I'm not sure whether that will apply to rndseed as well.

In case it was related, I tried commenting the "load=" directives out,
but it made no difference in the final result.  Apparently, the bootloader
unconditionally tries to load "ffs.kmod".  There's no such directive in
my "/boot.cfg".

Don't give up! I'm definitely doing what you're looking to do, though I don't use a PAE dom0 kernel, only amd64.

From my previous attempts with XEN3.3 on i386, XEN detected PAE support
by the CPU and complained when handed a non-PAE dom0 kernel, even though
there was otherwise no benefit to do so (hardware max of 2GB RAM).  (All
the machines I can potentially work with have intel processors.  All
report PAE capability--from pentium III on up.  Those (few) that support
EM64T are running the amd64 port; the others, i386.)